Process: Sponsoring initiative summer 2015 starting 2015-07-06 ending 2015-07-06

If you were logged in and working on this process, you would log your work on this page.

Outputs

Scheduled:

Work

Planned Work: (Requirements are ordered by due date)

Unplanned Work:

Work event: Work - Training self 0.00 Time - Hours Sept. 26, 2016 Done by Harris
Work event: Work - Writing 45.00 Time - Hours Dec. 6, 2015 Done by Tibi

Composed email and communicated with MarieChantal from PARC.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NaZfjGJcgfJdxUGUJn-fbtqFTWWFJIBleV33DwGPSFo/edit#
I announced our new initiative to improve the UX/UI of the NRP-VAS and invited PARC to be part of it.
They are also working on UX/UI for a physical resource management system for a consortium.

Work event: Work - Training self 3.00 Time - Hours Nov. 6, 2015 Done by Sabina

Meeting with Jim on sponsorship campaign and related CAKE projects.

Work event: Work - Business building 2.00 Time - Hours Oct. 28, 2015 Done by Sabina

Researched potential funders, mostly foundations and grants. Sent Tibi and Jim an email with a couple leads.

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 10.00 Time - Hours Oct. 23, 2015 Done by Tibi

Outreach for funding, mostly social media, but also going to events and meetings. Some of it was also done with OuiShare mtl.

Work event: Work - Training self 3.00 Time - Hours Oct. 23, 2015 Done by Sabina

Meeting with Tibi for the first time in person at the Sensorica lab. Wanting to get involved in sponsoring initiative. Going over documentation, Google Docs, contributions logged, etc.

Work event: Work - Training others 3.00 Time - Hours Oct. 23, 2015 Done by Tibi

Trained Sabina to contribute to the Funding initiative.
we went over the docs.
we did some exercises for her, to formulate the value proposition in different contexts.

Work event: Work - Writing 4.00 Time - Hours Oct. 14, 2015 Done by Tibi

Email communication and LinkedIn messaging to find sponsors. I used this doc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RhW512aymMUDHyPyP40kNf7iPLpkaAoVnUm2ZizU1I/edit#

Mostly contacted my contacts.

Work event: Work - Writing 2.00 Time - Hours Oct. 2, 2015 Done by Tibi

Worked with Valentin on the presentation, and rehearsed it for an hour.

Work event: Work - Writing 2.00 Time - Hours Oct. 2, 2015 Done by Valentin

Worked with Tibi on the presentation, and rehearsed it for an hour.

Work event: Work - Writing 5.50 Time - Hours Oct. 1, 2015 Done by Valentin

Worked on the presentation for Impact Economy with Jim and Tibi, on Prezzi

Work event: Work - Writing 14.00 Time - Hours Oct. 1, 2015 Done by Jim

Worked on the presentation for Impact Economy with Tibi and Valentin, on Prezzi

Work event: Work - Writing 14.00 Time - Hours Oct. 1, 2015 Done by Tibi

Worked on the presentation for Impact Economy with Jim and Valentin, on Prezzi

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 3.00 Time - Hours Sept. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

I contacted companies that sponsored the Bitcoin Foundation.
The contact was done by Email and recorded in the contacts spreadsheet, in a new tab I created
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xOXwmW3Pz6iLgef-3lEptA4Lbm0SAFRuFzWBfYd9XcA/edit#gid=1068566429

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 5.00 Time - Hours Sept. 21, 2015 Done by Tibi

Worked a lot of new LinkedIn connections for this funding campaign, sent a lot of messages out. I also helped propagate Jim's video on Facebook and others.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.00 Time - Hours Sept. 2, 2015 Done by Tammy

Communicated and refined angel funding pitch, submitted edits to CAKE site, participated in forums

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.00 Time - Hours Aug. 30, 2015 Done by Tammy

Worked on angel funding email, as a template for outreach to people who specifically support next economy projects. Sent by email to Tibi, Jim, Bruce and Daniel.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19FoBfLic3tKJlB1gepIc3UEhFKWHEju5U17Jb1Nmshg/edit

Work event: Work - Artistic 1.00 Time - Hours Aug. 28, 2015 Done by Tammy

edits on website for Jim (typos, presentation suggestions)

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 6.00 Time - Hours Aug. 27, 2015 Done by Tammy

working with Tibi and Jim, script development and challenges to strategy
story of self, us and now workshop with fabio, jim, valentin

Work event: Work - Writing 7.00 Time - Hours Aug. 26, 2015 Done by Tammy

assessing approach, script writing, communicating to team about approach and the need for focused collaboration specifically for the pitch

Work event: Work - Business building 5.00 Time - Hours Aug. 25, 2015 Done by Tammy

research on orgs, preparation, and calling

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 30.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

Discussions with Tammy and Jim about how to approach the calls for funding CAKE initiative.

Work event: Work - Infrastructure development 2.50 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Worked on the CAKE's website translation from French to English.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ENY6Gfk3cyIwebVskGg-6oQ7DDRct1jKQQJQgV9w3RU/edit

Work event: Work - Meeting 6.60 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

See Tammy's and Tibi's logs for meetings for the CAKE funding initiative.

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

Outreach for CAKE funding initiative - to SENSORICA mailing list, call for help and feedback and ...

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 45.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

Discussions with Tammy about how to approach the funding

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 30.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Discussions with Tammy and Tibi about how to approach the calls for funding CAKE initiative.

Work event: Work - Infrastructure development 78.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

Worked with Jim on CAKE website.
http://aces-cake.org/

Work event: Work - Infrastructure development 78.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Worked with Tibi on CAKE website, over 9 days period
http://aces-cake.org/

Work event: Work - Infrastructure development 3.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Developing the new SENSORICA website, the SENSORICA 2.0, with Lai

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Outreach for CAKE funding initiative - to SENSORICA mailing list, call for help and feedback and ...

Work event: Work - Business building 18.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Calls for funding to contacts from this list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xOXwmW3Pz6iLgef-3lEptA4Lbm0SAFRuFzWBfYd9XcA/edit#gid=1047041033

This involves making the actual call, but also research on the lead, understanding the relationship with SENSORICA and developing the pitch.

This work was over 4 days period.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 5.25 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Discussions and strategysing about how to approach potential donors, with Tibi and Jim - 45min with Tibi 30min with Tibi and Jim

Documentation 4h on this doc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RhW512aymMUDHyPyP40kNf7iPLpkaAoVnUm2ZizU1I/edit

Work event: Work - Outreach-Marketing 8.25 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Outreach for CAKE funding initiative - to SENSORICA mailing list, call for help and feedback and ...

Work event: Work - Training self 4.95 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Reading old SENSORICA docs, digging for content, reading old CAKE website. Getting ready for CAKE funding initiative.

Work event: Work - Meeting 6.60 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Meetings over the course of 9 days, with those working on the CAKE funding initiative, mainly with Jim and Tibi, including virtual meetings or chats.

Work event: Work - Writing 6.60 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Writing support documents others, for the CAKE funding initiative.

Work event: Work - Information mining 3.30 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Reading stuff on the net to prepare for and during CAKE funding initiative.

Work event: Work - Meeting 6.60 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

meetings during the course of 9 days for CAKE funding initiative, with mainly Tammy and Jim

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Thought about CAKE funding strategy and shared it in an email with the core group. This is what lead to the efforts in redesigning CAKE's website, where Tibi and Tammy contributed a lot.

Work event: Work - Facilitation and coordination 3.30 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tammy

Coordination, facilitation and planning before work done on CAKE funding initiative.

Work event: Work - Facilitation and coordination 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Tibi

Coordination, facilitation and planning before work on CAKE initiative.

Work event: Work - Facilitation and coordination 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Coordination, facilitation and planning before work on CAKE initiative.

Work event: Work - Artistic 4.00 Time - Hours Aug. 24, 2015 Done by Jim

Worked on the CAKE logo http://aces-cake.org/

Work event: Work - Artistic 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 12, 2015 Done by 99media

Discussion on the first draft videos for iPot and PV project.
We reviews the videos and gave feedback for me.

Work event: Work - Artistic 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 12, 2015 Done by Tammy

Discussion on the first draft videos for iPot and PV project.
We reviews the videos and gave feedback to Samer.

Work event: Work - Artistic 2.00 Time - Hours Aug. 5, 2015 Done by Tibi

Discussion on the first draft videos for iPot and PV project.
We reviews the videos and gave feedback to Samer.

Work event: Work - Documenting 5.00 Time - Hours Aug. 3, 2015 Done by Tibi

Worked with Tammy on the Contact list spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xOXwmW3Pz6iLgef-3lEptA4Lbm0SAFRuFzWBfYd9XcA/edit#gid=1047041033
IWe are also working on the protocol to approach these organizations, based on a few typical cases. Nothing much in there yet, but you can propose some ideas.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RhW512aymMUDHyPyP40kNf7iPLpkaAoVnUm2ZizU1I/edit
I am also consolidating the budget, and I want to transfer it into a complete document, with the proper justification and a story in the background.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cm2w2KH0LMQ_S-ztQeKef6ukSw0GAvqLhICuICmJVz0/edit
This will eventually be turned into a short video. At the end of the doc you'll find some references from where we pull our content.

Work event: Work - Documenting 4.00 Time - Hours Aug. 3, 2015 Done by Tammy

Worked with Tibi on the Contact list spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xOXwmW3Pz6iLgef-3lEptA4Lbm0SAFRuFzWBfYd9XcA/edit#gid=1047041033
Also contributed to other tasks in Redmin related to the funding campaign, set in collaboration with Jim, Lai and Tibi.

Work event: Work - Facilitation and coordination 0.15 Time - Hours Aug. 3, 2015 Done by Tibi

Creatd summary to Monica and sent on an email this morning.

Work event: Work - Infrastructure development 6.00 Time - Hours July 29, 2015 Done by Lai

Met to discuss the project. Set up servers. Set up Redmine. Set up WP and theme. Added some plugins and did basic configurations. Created Git repositories. Set up project roadmap. Started some high level work on UX.

Work event: Work - Meeting 0.70 Time - Hours July 28, 2015 Done by Steve

Meting with Tammy, Tibi, and Monica for Monica's involvement in SENSORICA over the month of August, mainly for the funding initiative.
We discussed how she can get involved, where to start, etc.

Work event: Work - Meeting 0.80 Time - Hours July 28, 2015 Done by Monica

Meting with Tammy, Steve, and Tibi, for my involvement in SENSORICA over the month of August, mainly for the funding initiative.
We discussed how she can get involved, where to start, etc.

Work event: Work - Meeting 0.80 Time - Hours July 28, 2015 Done by Tibi

Meting with Tammy, Steve, and Monica for Monica's involvement in SENSORICA over the month of August, mainly for the funding initiative.
We discussed how she can get involved, where to start, etc.

Work event: Work - Meeting 0.80 Time - Hours July 28, 2015 Done by Tammy

Meting with Tibi, Steve, and Monica for Monica's involvement in SENSORICA over the month of August, mainly for the funding initiative.
We discussed how she can get involved, where to start, etc.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.50 Time - Hours July 21, 2015 Done by Lai

Met with Tammy, Jim and Tibi to discuss strategy for funding and scaling SENSORICA. The discussion was captured by Tammy on an audio recording. I also sent an email with the conclusions and next steps.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.00 Time - Hours July 21, 2015 Done by Tammy

Met with Tibi, Jim and Lai to discuss strategy for funding and scaling SENSORICA. The discussion was captured by myself on an audio recording. Lai also sent an email with the conclusions and next steps.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.00 Time - Hours July 21, 2015 Done by Tibi

Met with Tammy, Jim and Lai to discuss strategy for funding and scaling SENSORICA. The discussion was captured by Tammy on an audio recording. Lai also sent an email with the conclusions and next steps.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 3.00 Time - Hours July 21, 2015 Done by Jim

Met with Tammy, Tibi and Lai to discuss strategy for funding and scaling SENSORICA. The discussion was captured by Tammy on an audio recording. Lai also sent an email with the conclusions and next steps.

Work event: Work - Artistic 0.50 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Graham

Video shooting, for iPot project.

Work event: Work - Artistic 7.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Tibi
Work event: Work - Artistic 7.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Jim
Work event: Work - Artistic 7.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Tammy
Work event: Work - Artistic 7.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Daniel
Work event: Work - Artistic 14.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by 99media

Video shooting, for PV project and the iPot project. Required 2 individuals, Samer and xxx. They also provides all the equipment required.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e7voXfcdFGr4lv8pBV8v2CI2L5Mch-8wfzerZrqQ80A/edit

Work event: Work - Artistic 7.00 Time - Hours July 20, 2015 Done by Bruce
Work event: Work - Meeting 2.00 Time - Hours July 14, 2015 Done by Jim

Meeting with Aurora on Skype, discuss collaboration between Kickstarter and SENSORICA. Tibi, Bruce, Bob and Daniel were there.
Also worked on the meeting preparation doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xb8otGGVFrVicCSfdAWRiMBpqJb60eXnLCw7-_-TRwU/edit

Work event: Work - Documenting 1.00 Time - Hours July 14, 2015 Done by Abran

Documented my research on Kicstarter and other crowdfunding platforms in a summarized version as ideas to pitch to Kickstarter.

Work event: Work - Meeting 1.00 Time - Hours July 14, 2015 Done by Tibi

Meeting with Aurora on Skype, discuss collaboration between Kickstarter and SENSORICA. Jim, Bruce, Bob and Daniel were there.

Work event: Work - Meeting 2.50 Time - Hours July 12, 2015 Done by 99media

Meeting with Tibi and Tammy to think about the whole video idea, and we designed the first shooting activity. We documented here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pfc7zYLN-WAtrA1SAGg3R0lSWY644F9cR_5AM90JZ48/edit
See video
See video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xpBeGX0gdtU

Work event: Work - Meeting 1.50 Time - Hours July 12, 2015 Done by Tammy

Meeting with Samer and Tibi to think about the whole video idea, and we designed the first shooting activity. We documented here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pfc7zYLN-WAtrA1SAGg3R0lSWY644F9cR_5AM90JZ48/edit
See video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xpBeGX0gdtU

Work event: Work - Meeting 2.50 Time - Hours July 12, 2015 Done by Tibi

Meeting with Samer and Tammy to think about the whole video idea, and we designed the first shooting activity. We documented here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pfc7zYLN-WAtrA1SAGg3R0lSWY644F9cR_5AM90JZ48/edit
See video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xpBeGX0gdtU

Work event: Work - Training self 3.00 Time - Hours July 12, 2015 Done by Abran

Researched crowdfunding platforms and how Kickstarter differentiates its self from the rest. Tried to gauge why Open source communities have a such a low percentage of projects that have been put forward by Kickstarter.
Devised a theory about how crowd funding platforms can be used towards crowdsourcing and interlink with existing infrastructure at Sensorica.

Work event: Work - Analysis and Strategy 1.50 Time - Hours July 6, 2015 Done by Alice

Personnal brainstorm about the framing of the script.

Work event: Work - Facilitation and coordination 0.50 Time - Hours July 6, 2015 Done by Alice

Specifying questions to target the script.

Work event: Work - Documenting 0.25 Time - Hours July 6, 2015 Done by Tibi

Moved Contacts lists in the folder and added a link in the main folder.
Created this process for the funding project.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pfc7zYLN-WAtrA1SAGg3R0lSWY644F9cR_5AM90JZ48/edit

Entered this initiative in the Legit registry
https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/legit-registry
and the Grant page.
https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/home/what-we-do/projects/grant-writing

Usable Inputs

Unplanned Use:

Process context:

Pattern: Funding initiative
Context: Building SENSORICA

Previous processes:

Next processes:


Process notes:

This is part of an effort to fund SENSORICA's development.
We will contact organizations that can fund infrastructure development, provide them with some material to understand SENSORICA, make appointments for meetings and presentations with them, present SENSORICA, ...
This process also includes work to create the communication material like documents, videos, etc.

Open main coordination document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pfc7zYLN-WAtrA1SAGg3R0lSWY644F9cR_5AM90JZ48/edit#