Process: Milestone 3 - Mechanical Assembly for PV characterization to R&D plan for PV characterization starting 2015-08-07 ending 2015-09-18

If you were logged in and working on this process, you would log your work on this page.

Outputs

Scheduled:

R&D report @Prototyping stage 1.00 Idea due Sept. 18, 2015

Work

Planned Work: (Requirements are ordered by due date)

Work - Engineering: 23.00 Time - Hours due Aug. 7, 2015

Assembling and testing of prototype.

Unassigned
Work events:
Jan. 25, 2016 1.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

redesigned micromanipulator knobs and printed them

Jan. 12, 2016 3.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

re-assembled the micromanipulators with the new knobs and inverted lead screws

Jan. 12, 2016 3.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

re-assembled the micromanipulators with the new knobs and inverted lead screws

Jan. 10, 2016 5.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

re-designed the Active Support part and the Active Bracket part to accomodate the new bigger motor, and re-printed them

Nov. 17, 2015 6.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

Entered 3D printing and assembly info in the PV Characterization - Assembly, troubleshooting and repairs manual https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o1QAPUSpa7ntSQFpd5Np_rYqoh94Js8wzjdhpOLJxOM/edit#

Nov. 9, 2015 5.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

Printed the Arms of the new and improved Clamp design, and the Hands parts also.
In PLA with better tolerances and better Slicing program

Nov. 7, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

3D printed the 3 micro-manipulators in black PLA with some improvements to the design, some new tolerance tweaking and sliced with a new 3D printing program that generates smarter tool path.

Oct. 1, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

3D printed new Bracket that holds the new Clamp with holes for the IMU, and the bottom part of the Clamp

Sept. 30, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

3D printed 2 feet for the new Gimbal and 2 L-shaped brackets

Sept. 29, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

Redesigned the gimbal with 2 support ''Feet'' to compensate for the weight of the gimbal. Ans with 2 L-shaped Brackets. Rounded the corners of the whole gimbal design

Sept. 28, 2015 3.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

I assembled the micromanipulator prototype previously 3D printed, with the screws I bought from the local store.

Sept. 14, 2015 20.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

3D modeled and printed new design of the micromanipulator with metal rods for linear axis. The plastic pars have V-grooves tight on the parallel rods. Ththere still was some tolerance adjustment but it's simple to do comparing with the previous design.

Sept. 7, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

Assembled the Gimbal with newly redesigned and 3D printed parts

Aug. 10, 2015 10.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

Printed revised Gimbal parts, some 3D modelling involved

Aug. 6, 2015 30.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

I've been 3D printing parts since Monday (now we're Thursday)
So I used my failed parts for checking tolerances and I figured out best orientation and printing parameters for each part. I also tested some of the parts for stress and twist resistance and made some adjustments to dimensions and wall/infill/patterns.
I don't have any footage because I lost my phone and I'm waiting for the next pay.

July 27, 2015 3.00 Time - Hours Done by John

Built working servo based prototype and updated code to work with the hardware
Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8QvsLqRy5qemFEU0J6U1VWZGc/view?usp=sharing
Code:
https://github.com/Sensorica/PVCharacterization

Work - Shopping: 3.00 Time - Hours due Sept. 18, 2015

Shopping for parts for the first PV characterization prototype.

Unassigned
Work events:
May 12, 2016 0.50 Time - Hours Done by Tibi

Went to deliver package to FEDEX with Jim. Used my car.

May 12, 2016 0.50 Time - Hours Done by Jim

Went to deliver package to FEDEX with Tibi. Used Tibi`s car.

Jan. 20, 2016 0.70 Time - Hours Done by Tibi

Went to the store to buy spray paint for the prototype, recommended by Jim.

Aug. 28, 2015 2.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

was looking for a local store with all kinds of metric screws we need for the gimbal and micromanipulators. Went out to Home Depot and didn't find, walked through few stores until one man referred THE store for screws. Went there with my list of screws and bought everything for 12$ (payed by Tibi). Then I assembled the micromanipulator .

Aug. 6, 2015 1.00 Time - Hours Done by Daniel

I bought some Black PLA-PHA filament from the local store ($39.95 + tax)

Work - R&D mechanics: 70.80 Time - Hours due Sept. 18, 2015

All work related to mechanical prototyping.

Unassigned
Work events:
Jan. 20, 2016 4.00 Time - Hours Done by Tibi

Inspection, refinement and assembly of micromanipulators, sample clamp.
Painting of parts with robber spray.
Helped in the design of the sample box.
Assisted Daniel for 3D printing other parts that needed refinement.

Sept. 23, 2015 1.00 Time - Hours Done by Tibi

worked with Daniel on the redesign of Gimbal parts. We solved the weight balance and the 2 points support for the main gimbal arm.
Daniel is implementing this in the design

Usable Inputs

Equipment lab 3D printer: 50.00 Time - Hours due Aug. 7, 2015
Onhand: 3D printer - Phil's 1.00 Each
Onhand: B9Creator 1.00 Each
Onhand: Ethienne's Wilson TS 1.00 Each
Onhand: ORD Solutions FDM Printer 1.00 Each